Bio-On has been leading the news this month. Bio-On and Novamont form the leading Italian duo. Italians seems to be gifted for marketing! Think Ferrari, Lamborghini (although it’s German now) Armani …
Nativia sticks to the top after leading the months of June.
Arkema has huge potential.
Cellophane makes its debut in the top ten.
We had higher expectations for Total Corbion.
Nothing to say about Stora Enso. They’ve been really active in terms of communications and they do an excellent job!
Cargill doesn’t do much but ranks at the top! Huge potential!
We have to acknowledge what Mitsubishi Chemical did. Very few companies have gone as far as Mitsubishi Chemical.
A few companies have actively involved their CEOs in their marketing activities. BASF, Neste and Solvay are the leaders on this point. Solvay CEO Kadry is a natural talent and has given unprecedented visibility to Solvay. Neste CEO Van Acker has become really good. BASF CEO Brudemüller (aka Schwarzy) has literally thrown every one who had an office at BASF’s HQ into the marketing arena.
|BIOPLASTICS BRAND RANKING 2019||JUNE||JULY|
|GREEN DOT BIOPLASTICS||39||62|
|AVANTIUM RENEWABLE POLYMERS||N/A||65|
|GC INNOVATION AMERICA (formerly known as MYRIANT)||N/A||66|
|ZHEJIANG HISUN BIOMATERIALS||N/A||N/A|
- This ranking is based on website statistics of BioplasticsNews.com for the period 1 – 31 July 2019.
- Not all companies are equal in size.
- Some companies are only active in bioplastics while others are also active in traditional plastics.
- Not all companies produce the same type of bioplastics (PLA, PHA, Bio-PE, etc)
- Not all companies have the same marketing budget (multinationals vs startups)
- Not all companies have their same place in the bioplastic value chain.
- Some companies did an excellent marketing job in the past and can still reap the fruits today.
- We combine company names and brands: some brands are known by their company name, some companies are known by their brand names.
Would you like to add your Bioplastics company or brand? Submit your request:
- Bioplastics Ranking February 2020
- Bioplastics Ranking January 2020
- Bioplastics Ranking December 2019
- Bioplastics Ranking November 2019
- Bioplastics Ranking October 2019
- Bioplastics Ranking September 2019
- Bioplastics Ranking August 2019
- Bioplastics Ranking July 2019
- Bioplastics Ranking June 2019
Sustainable Plastics News