Bio-on was founded in 2007 with the intention of operating in the sector of modern biotechnologies applied to widely used materials with a view to creating completely natural products and solutions, obtained 100% from renewable sources or agricultural waste.
From 2017 Bio-on will operate out of its Bologna production site designing and producing special PHAs products for applications in the cosmetics and pharmaceutical sector.
MINERV-PHA is a high-performance PHA biopolymer. MINERV-PHA is endowed with optimal thermal properties. Production needs which range from -10°C to a +180°C can be met through characterization. This product is particularly suitable for injection and extrusion methods for the production of objects. It takes the place of highly pollutant materials such as PET, PP, PE, HDPE and LDPE.
Bio-on issues licences enabling the production of MINERV-PHA™. Minerv PHA is used for: automotive, beverages, electronics, foodpack, fibers, pharma.
- Bio-On Will Disrupt the Fashion Industry
- Bio-On Confirms Italian Leadership in BioPlastics
- BIO-ON Launches Cosmetics made of Bioplastics
- New Project to Utilize Bio-on’s Bioplastics for Food Packaging
- Italians switch Toys Production to Bioplastics with the Minerv Supertoys Program
- Bi-On and Moore Capital agree to build a PHA plant in Brazil
- Revolutionary 100% bio-based and bio-degradable milk brick
- Potato waste based PHA plant and Levulinic acid from biomass