Bio-on was founded in 2007 with the intention of operating in the sector of modern biotechnologies applied to widely used materials with a view to creating completely natural products and solutions, obtained 100% from renewable sources or agricultural waste.
From 2017 Bio-on will operate out of its Bologna production site designing and producing special PHAs products for applications in the cosmetics and pharmaceutical sector.
Bio-On Products & Technologies
Minerv-Pha is a high-performance PHA biopolymer. MINERV-PHA is endowed with optimal thermal properties. Production needs which range from -10°C to a +180°C can be met through characterization. This product is particularly suitable for injection and extrusion methods for the production of objects. It takes the place of highly pollutant materials such as PET, PP, PE, HDPE and LDPE.
Chemical Recycling Commitments & Incentives, Deep Sea Plastic, Greece SUP Ban, NY Composting
Bio-On issues licences enabling the production of MINERV-PHA™. Minerv PHA is used for: automotive, beverages, electronics, foodpack, fibers, pharma.
Bio-On revolutionary Zeropack will disrupt the world of food packaging in the fruits and vegetable sector through the use of bioplastics. Read more
Biobased Plastics – Advantages & Disadvantages
Compostable Plastics – Advantages & Disadvantages
Bio-On Articles and Press Releases
- Bio-On Will Pioneer Bioplastics in Electronic Sector
- Bio-On Will Disrupt the Fashion Industry
- Bio-On Confirms Italian Leadership in BioPlastics
- BIO-ON Launches Cosmetics made of Bioplastics
- New Project to Utilize Bio-on’s Bioplastics for Food Packaging
- Italians switch Toys Production to Bioplastics with the Minerv Supertoys Program
- Bi-On and Moore Capital agree to build a PHA plant in Brazil
- Revolutionary 100% bio-based and bio-degradable milk brick
- Potato waste based PHA plant and Levulinic acid from biomass
- Bio-On and Kartell Launch Furniture Made From Revolutionary Bio-Material
- Bio-On and Unilever Revolutionise Sun Cream Industry with MyKai
- Agreement between Bio-on and Innova Imagen for the production of Bioplastic in Mexico
- Bio-on Launches Bioplastic Packaging for Fruit and Vegetables