The Bioplastics Brands Ranking for JUNE 2019
Period 1 June – 30 June 2019
|BIOPLASTICS BRAND RANKING||JUNE|
|GREEN DOT BIOPLASTICS||39|
|AVANTIUM RENEWABLE POLYMERS||N/A|
|GC INNOVATION AMERICA (formerly known as MYRIANT)||N/A|
|ZHEJIANG HISUN BIOMATERIALS||N/A|
- A small company like Floreon finds itself at the top. Is this the result of excellent World Class Marketing ?
- We double checked and found Nativia was above Novamont for June.
- Novamont seems to be the most famous brand….What did you expect? Mater-Bi comes also in the top ten. Italians know a few things about marketing apparently.
- BioAmber is bankrupt but the brand is still popular.
- Metabolix became Yield 10 Bioscience, and is still more popular than Yield 10 bioscience.
- What a Great marketing from Bio-On !
- Arkema and Braskem in the top 11 … of course. They did a great job in the past and Braskem is still doing it today.
- Arctic Biomaterials can still surf on their past Awards communications.
- Total Corbion on 14th … a bit disappointing for their calibre.
- First Japanese company is “Mitsubishi Chemicals” on 15th place … A bit disappointing when you see how much effort the Japanese Government made…
- Neste on 27th place … a bit disappointing for this calibre.
- DSM, Roquette and Futamura …. come’on guys ! Seriously ?
Please take following points into consideration: Not all companies are equal.
- Some companies are only active in bioplastics while others are also active in traditional plastics.
- Not all companies produce the same type of bioplastics.
- Not all companies have the same size or marketing budget.
- Not all companies have their same place in the bioplastic value chain.
- Some companies have brighter people on board.
- Some companies spend their marketing budget more wisely.
- Some companies did an excellent marketing job in the past and can still reap the fruits today.