Derived from renewable material and known for superior biodegradability, BioPBS™ is the truly environmentally-friendly plastic for green products. BioPBS™ (bio-based polybutylene succinate) is revolutionary in its two-fold bio properties.
Using advanced technology from Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, it is both bio-based and biodegradable plastic.
Derived from natural resources, such as sugarcane cassava and corn, BioPBS™ is compostable into biomass, carbon dioxide and water. Products made from BioPBS™ can be disposed of along with organic waste. BioPBS™ has no adverse effects on the environment and is naturally compostable, without requiring a specialized composting facility.
- High Service Temperature: Applications made by BioPBS™ can withstand up to 100°C. BioPBS™ can be used for hot beverage cups, boxes, and utensils for freshly cooked food.
- High performance heat sealability: Having at least same level of seal strength as conventional petro-plastic but achieved with lower temperature. We provide the same performance with less cost in waste disposal expense.
- Good printability without pre-treatment
- Compatible with natural fibers
- Excellent Processability
- Mutual compatibility with other biodegradable plastics such as polylactic acid (PLA).
Mixing BioPBS™ with other types of biopolymers can meet customer requirements in a greater degree of properties.
According to grades and applications, BioPBS™ is registered as food contact approved, and pass the most demanding bio based and compostable requirements. BioBPS™ is certified by official bodies, please contact your local representative for more details.
Chemical Recycling Commitments & Incentives, Deep Sea Plastic, Greece SUP Ban, NY Composting
BioBPS™ is owned and operated by PTT MCC Biochem with the support from MCPP as a global sales network. PTT MCC Biochem is a joint venture in Thailand between PTT Public Company Limited and Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation.
DURABIO™ combines most of the advantageous properties of Polycarbonate (PC) and those of the Polymethacrylate (PMMA), with additionally the bio origin of raw material.
- Excellent optical and mechanical properties
- Superb light transmission and UV-resistance
- Ductility, with strong impact resistance
- High heat resistance
- Scratch resistance
DURABIO™ is partially biobased and truly durable engineering plastic. It is made from isosorbide, which in return is derived from sorbitol, a widely available feedstock.
Biobased Plastics – Advantages & Disadvantages
Compostable Plastics – Advantages & Disadvantages
PLA – Advantages & Disadvantages
DURABIO™ is particularly designed for scratch and impact resistanceapplications requiring exceptional durable transparency and visual appearance, such like:
- Touch screen
- Optical film: high transparency, low birefringence
- Interior automotive console and dash-bord trims: paintless decorative parts including black-piano color
- Exterior automotive radiator grille and pillar paintless decorative parts, including black piano color