The bags will be branded “I’m Not Plastic” bags. They are made from cassava starch and other renewable materials. The bags are produced by Sain Bags and will be distributed by Aal Imran Trading. Sain Bags’ HQ is in Oman and their manufacturing centre is in Indonesia.
Husain Baomar, Chairman of Sain Bags, said
“The bag is 100 % organic Indonesian product made from cassava. It doesn’t harm the environment, animals can eat it and within 180 days the bag can disappear.”
Sain Bags will roll out garbage bags first along with marketing and social campaigns in supermarkets and public places to encourage people to say no to plastic.
- What are Bioplastics and Biopolymers?
- Bioplastics Brands
- Bioplastics Awards
- What is the Difference Between Biodegradable, Compostable and OXO Degradable?
- The History and Most Important Innovations of Bioplastics
- What are Drop-In Bioplastics?
- History of Cellophane
- The History of Elephant Grass Bioplastics
- Bioplastics Companies
- Top Bioplastics Producers
- Polylactic acid or polylactide (PLA)
- What is Bio-BDO?
- McDonalds and the Polystyrene Connections
- The Future of Polystyrene
- Bioplastic Feedstock 1st, 2nd and 3rd Generations
- Palm Oil and The Bioplastics Industry