Ghana Vice President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia made a statement on Sept 5 during the Ghana Economic Forum held on the topic of “Building a competitive economy for sustainable growth”.
Ghana government is exploring the use of cassava flour to produce biodegradable plastic bags. An entrepreneur had already approached the government and the government has given its commitment to make it a priority.
Many African countries have been receiving aid since their independence from Western countries. The consequence may have bee a lack of entrepreneurial sense.
African countries need to develop new policies to valorise their raw materials and to accelerate economic growth.
- It’s the first time we publish news from Africa.
- This is a sign that bioplastics is becoming a priority in many countries.
- Bioplastics Bags Soon Available in Qatar
- The “Bagisation” in Italy and France: a market engine for bio-based plastics by Harald Kaeb
- Japanese Companies Expand Bioplastics Production
- France Issues its Plastic Policy