It’s mainly targeting and used for injection moulding applications. Tecnaro (Germany announced it operates a capacity of 5,000t annual output, which can be increased if needed.
ARBOFORM® brings two industries together. It puts the wood processing industry in a position to make products with design geometries that in the past were only feasible economically with the use of plastics. And, conversely, it puts the plastics processing industry in the position to process wood just like a conventional thermoplastic material and benefit from the aesthetic and warm soft touch of wood.
Because of its lignin matrix, ARBOFORM® is claimed to be as highly constant in quality as the cellulose for papermaking.
The disposal of ARBOFORM® products is the same as for naturally grown wood, i.e. natural decay or incineration. The amount of CO2 emitted in the process is no more than was previously fixed from the atmosphere by the plants while growing. ARBOFORM® is thus claimed to be GHG neutral.
- Discover all our articles on Lignin
- Stora Enso launches lignin-based phenol
- USDA-NIFA funds University of Tennessee for plastics development from lignin
- Established and new applications for Lignin, Hemicellulose and Cellulose
- VTT develops CatLignin, a reactive lignin for wood adhesives
- Biochemtex and Valmet work on converting lignin into bio-chemicals
- TECNARO develops, produces and markets lignin based ARBOFORM®
- Bio aromatics derived from lignin
- Lignin from biorefineries into Adhesive
- Lignin and plant-oil based aromatic polymers
- Biosensors to optimise bio-refining process of Lignin
- Lignin as feedstock by 2020 requires funding
- Bio-Lignin as source of Bio-Molecules
- Lignin – The Future Gold