BioplasticsNews.com is a blog managed by Axel Barrett. BioplasticsNews.com is firmly committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
In order to improve our products, services and communications with you we collect data from you. When you provide us with any personal information you consent to us collecting and using that information according to your preferences.
Information we may collect from you and process:
- Information that you provide at the time of filling in forms on our site, including but not limited to; subscribing to our news or marketing emails, registering for one of our events, webinars or other offerings, making an enquiry, requesting to download a document, entering a competition or completing a survey.
- This data may include, but is not limited to; your name, address, phone number and email address.
- We may also ask you to provide us with additional information such as your professional interests and your experiences with us as well as more detailed contact preferences.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access and/or download
- Customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the website.
- Improve the website(s) and learn which parts are most popular to visitors. To do this, we gather statistical information about how our visitors use the website(s) including device-specific data such as the IP address of the device (collected and stored in an anonymised format); the device screen size; the device type and browser information; country of location; and the preferred language used to display the website(s). Our servers also automatically record information including the referring domain; the pages visited; and the date and time when website(s) pages were accessed.
Third-party cookies we use:
- Google analytics:These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. For more information please see: http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html
Where we store your personal data:
- The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To notify you about changes or updates to our service.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please unsubscribe via the link at the bottom of any of our emails.
Circumstances involving the disclosure of your information
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If a third party provide services for us, limited to the following purposes:
- Understanding the use of our site and making improvements
- Administering a mailing list for customers that have registered for such list
- Responding to requests from or providing any necessary notices to you
- Protecting the security or integrity of our site
- Otherwise administering or managing our site software.
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our subsidiaries, our parent company and any of our parent company’s other subsidiaries (“our group”).
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties in which you have downloaded a piece of content and prior notice has been given to you.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by unsubscribing from communications via a link at the bottom of our emails.
- Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Their inclusion cannot be taken to imply any endorsement or validation by us of the content of said website.
Access to information
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
Our Terms of Service are the legal agreements between a service provider and a person who wants to use that service