Dow Chemical and Dupont have merged on 31 August 2017 to form a holding company named DowDuPont Inc. DowDuPont has become the largest chemical company in terms of sales. The company was formed with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges.
DowDuPont will be split in 3 companies:
- the agricultural division will become Corteva Agrisccience
- the material science division will keep the name Dow
- the specialty products division will be named Dupont.
A few facts about DowDuPont
- Ticker: NYSE: DWDP
- Pro Forma 2017 Revenue: $79.5 billion
- Andrew Liveris is the chairman of the board of directors,
- Edward Breen is the CEO (2018)
- DowDuPOnt is worth approximately $130 billion.
- Dual Headquarters: Midland, Michigan and
Dow Chemical, the Material Science Division / company