She will join Neste on September 2019, at the latest, and will report to President and CEO Peter Vanacker. She will also be the Managing Director of Neste Germany GmbH.
Mercedes Alonso will transfer to Neste from LyondellBasell.
“I am happy to have Mercedes Alonso to lead our new Renewable Polymers and Chemicals business unit, and to strengthen our Executive Committee. She has a wide experience in marketing and business management in specialty chemicals and plastics industries. Her broad international experience from the polymers industry, and multicultural leadership skills are valuable assets in executing Neste’s growth strategy,” says President and CEO Peter Vanacker.
“I am truly excited to join Neste. I am looking forward to using my expertise in the field of chemicals and polymers to facilitate growth in the Renewable Chemicals and Polymers business, contributing to the continued transformation of Neste,” says Mercedes Alonso.
Arkema, Neste and Covestro, Braskem, US Survey and BASF
Agilix, Amazon Climate Fund, McDonald’s Biofuel, e-Nable, Huhtamaki Startups, African Parks, Siberia
Chemical Recycling Commitments & Incentives, Deep Sea Plastic, Greece SUP Ban, NY Composting
Mercedes Alonso’s Education:
- Honors Master’s Degree Analytical/Inorganic Chemistry at Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (1990).
- Research Associate at Fraunhofer Institute for Chemical Technology (ICT), Germany (1991)
- Specialist Degree “Physiochemical analysis of air contaminants”, Universidad Complutense (1991)
Mercedes Alonso Work experience
- 2019 – present – Marketing Director Advanced Polymer Solutions (APS), Europe, LyondellBasell (BSM), Rotterdam (NL)
- 2016 – 2019 – Managing Director Engineered Composites (EC) EMEA, A. Schulman, Hamburg (D)
- 2013 – 2016 – Global Director, Corporate Marketing (Global), A. Schulman, Hamburg (D)
- 2010 – 2013 – Global Business Excellence Leader, Advance Materials, Dow Europe GmbH, Horgen, Switzerland
- 2005 – 2010 – Marketing Manager and Product Director Tyrin, EMEA Dow Elastomers
- 2002 – 2005 – European Commercial Development Program Director, EMEA Dow Elastomers
- 1999 – 2002 – Product Marketing & New Business Development Manager EMEA, Specialty Chemicals, Switzerland (Dow HQ)
- 1991-1999 – Several positions at DACH (Frankfurt sales office)
Biobased Plastics – Advantages & Disadvantages
Compostable Plastics – Advantages & Disadvantages
PLA – Advantages & Disadvantages
- LyondellBasell and Neste Announce Commercial-scale Production of Bio-Based Plastic
- Neste Appoints New CEO
- Neste is Becoming a Major Bioplastics Producer