Biosuccinium™ is the trade name of Reverdia’s bio-based succinic acid produced since 2012 in Cassano Spinola (Italy). Biosuccinium™ is a buiding block for the production of downstream chemicals like 1,4 butanediol (BDO), polyurethane resins, and biopolymers such as polybutylene succinate (PBS) used, amongst others applications, in paints and coatings, automotive and textiles.
Xinhuarun has been dedicated since 1996 to the development and manufacturing of functional footwear, shoe soles and innovative polymers. As an industry pioneer, Xinhuarun has adopted technologies which lead and serve the footwear market, including polymer synthesis, chemical modification, blending modification and dynamic vulcanization.
Ms. Liang Yanzhi, Chair of the Board at Xinhuarun said, “Xinhuarun will work exclusively with Reverdia, using Biosuccinium™ for its microcellular PU foams in shoe soles. Going forward, we will expand our work with Reverdia to the development and commercialization of other sustainable polymers in our strategic markets. These innovative materials address a potential market in excess of $500 million.”
Marcel Lubben, President of Reverdia said,
“We are excited to work with a leading company like Xinhuarun and to be part of its journey to the next generation renewable footwear. This collaboration and the planned expansion demonstrate Biosuccinium™’s ability to bring excellent functionality and best-in-class eco-footprint to Xinhuarun’s bio-materials.”
- What are Bioplastics and Biopolymers?
- Bioplastics Brands
- Bioplastics Awards
- What is the Difference Between Biodegradable, Compostable and OXO Degradable?
- The History and Most Important Innovations of Bioplastics
- What are Drop-In Bioplastics?
- History of Cellophane
- The History of Elephant Grass Bioplastics
- Bioplastics Companies
- Top Bioplastics Producers
- Polylactic acid or polylactide (PLA)
- What is Bio-BDO?
- McDonalds and the Polystyrene Connections
- The Future of Polystyrene
- Bioplastic Feedstock 1st, 2nd and 3rd Generations