For the eighth year running the Innovation Award “Bio-based Material of the Year” is awarded to the young, innovative bio-based material industry, finding suitable applications and markets for bio-based products. The competition focuses on innovative materials and products, which have had (or will have) a market launch in 2014 or 2015. The prize has been awarded by nova-Institute and sponsored by Coperion GmbH, one of the leading compounding and extrusion companies, at the “8th International Conference on Bio-based Materials” in Cologne (Germany), 13 April 2015. With 220 participants from more than 20 countries, it is one of the biggest conferences in the world, gathering the latest developments in the field of bio-based materials and providing an excellent platform for networking. www.bio-based.eu/conference
Download pictures of the winners and their products here (zip-file): www.biowerkstoff-kongress.de/media/files/15-04Bio-basedMaterialoftheYear2015.zip
The nominees were:
3D Printing – Comparing PLA, ABS and PET
- What are Bioplastics and Biopolymers?
- Bioplastics Brands
- Bioplastics Awards
- What is the Difference Between Biodegradable, Compostable and OXO Degradable?
- The History and Most Important Innovations of Bioplastics
- What are Drop-In Bioplastics?
- History of Cellophane
- The History of Elephant Grass Bioplastics
- Bioplastics Companies
- Top Bioplastics Producers
- Polylactic acid or polylactide (PLA)
- What is Bio-BDO?