The tide is turning. Consumers are becoming increasingly conscious about their environmental footprint, and fast fashion seems, finally, to be moving into the slow(er) lane. Individuals and companies alike are considering supply chains and embracing sustainability and philanthropy. Here we look at three eyewear brands with a conscience to be proud of.
Austrian lifestyle eyewear brand Neubau Eyewear’s motto is ‘see and do good.’ Sourcing its spectacles and sunglasses ethically, it produces them using its own unique material, naturalPX. This is an eco-friendly material made from organically sourced, renewable primary products. The cases for all naturalPX frames are manufactured from a cellulose base without any need for glue, making them easily recyclable. The cleaning cloths are made from recycled bottles. This focus extends to all of Neubau’s marketing materials, which are produced with specifically selected materials by eco-friendly suppliers and all packaging uses recycled paper.
Dutch brand Dick Moby cares about the seas and oceans, and takes oil-free and recycled materials to make beautiful eyewear. It believes that looking good need not compromise the planet, and its bio-based – acetate plastic’s smarter, eco-friendlier cousin – is made from wood pulp and zero oil. It keeps the pollution down and biodegrades in 115 days.
- What are Bioplastics and Biopolymers?
- Bioplastics Brands
- Bioplastics Awards
- What is the Difference Between Biodegradable, Compostable and OXO Degradable?
- The History and Most Important Innovations of Bioplastics
- What are Drop-In Bioplastics?
- History of Cellophane
- The History of Elephant Grass Bioplastics
- Bioplastics Companies
- Top Bioplastics Producers
- Polylactic acid or polylactide (PLA)
- What is Bio-BDO?
- McDonalds and the Polystyrene Connections
- The Future of Polystyrene
- Bioplastic Feedstock 1st, 2nd and 3rd Generations
- Palm Oil and The Bioplastics Industry
Published on aop.org.uk written by Lizzy Yeowart