All three showed that Mater-Bi biodegradable fruit and vegetable bags fully biodegraded in marine environment.
Mater-Bi fruit and vegetable bags completely biodegraded in a period of 4 to 12 months depending of the type of sediment found on the seabed and its chemical and biophysical constitution.
Hong-Kong students are persecuted because they demand freedom and rights. Is environmental sustainability more important than human dignity?
Similar tests were carried out on control samples of polyethylene (PE) that remained intact.
The chemical substances released during the tests didn’t seem to be harmful to unicellular algae, sea urchins and sea bass.
Novamont stressed out the marine littering should not take place in the first place.
Similar communications regarding marine biodegradation had been done by Novamont in December 2017
When samples of the various types of Mater-Bi bioplastic were exposed to marine sediments, these were observed to undergo biodegradation, which was established in the laboratory by measuring the metabolism of marine microbes fed with the plastic. Biodegradation exceeded 90% (absolute or relative to the reference material) in less than one year. The biodegradation results were verified by Certiquality within the EU pilot programme “Environmental Technology Verification (ETV).
- What are Bioplastics and Biopolymers?
- Bioplastics Brands
- Bioplastics Awards
- What is the Difference Between Biodegradable, Compostable and OXO Degradable?
- The History and Most Important Innovations of Bioplastics
- What are Drop-In Bioplastics?
- History of Cellophane
- The History of Elephant Grass Bioplastics
- Bioplastics Companies
- Top Bioplastics Producers
- Polylactic acid or polylactide (PLA)
- What is Bio-BDO?
- McDonalds and the Polystyrene Connections
- The Future of Polystyrene
- Bioplastic Feedstock 1st, 2nd and 3rd Generations
- Palm Oil and The Bioplastics Industry