This composite is called BAMCO (Bamboo long fibre reinforced biobased Matrix Composite).
The purpose of BAMCO was to reduce the environmental footprint of aircraft by making their structure lighter and reducing their fuel consumption, as well as delivering benefits that extend well beyond the aerospace industry. The European REACH regulation encouraged this evolution.
The first prototype components of BAMCO are scheduled to be produced in 2021.
The Paris International Air Show will take place between 17 and 23 June. Expleo may be presenting BAMCO during that air show.
Expleo is a technology partner providing integrated engineered services for aviation, space and defence industry players.
- What are Bioplastics and Biopolymers?
- Bioplastics Brands
- Bioplastics Awards
- What is the Difference Between Biodegradable, Compostable and OXO Degradable?
- The History and Most Important Innovations of Bioplastics
- What are Drop-In Bioplastics?
- History of Cellophane
- The History of Elephant Grass Bioplastics
- Bioplastics Companies
- Top Bioplastics Producers
- Polylactic acid or polylactide (PLA)
- What is Bio-BDO?
- McDonalds and the Polystyrene Connections
- The Future of Polystyrene
- Bioplastic Feedstock 1st, 2nd and 3rd Generations
- Palm Oil and The Bioplastics Industry