The new, innovative material was invented at the Department of Polymer Technology at the Faculty of Chemistry of the Gdańsk University of Technology.
The newly-discovered bioplastic is derived from renewable sources and completely biodegradable.
Work to improve the properties of the bioplastic lasted for several years. In the end, researchers managed to obtain a bioplastic with thermoplastic properties (products can take on many different shapes) that allows the creation of objects that are durable enough for single use.
Video News Sustainable Plastics
The material developed by the Gdańsk researchers has been protected by patent in Poland, Germany, France and Great Britain.
The Centre for Knowledge and Technology Transfer at the Gdańsk University of Technology is looking for entrepreneurs interested in putting the bioplastic to use.
In 2015, the bioplastic received a gold medal at the Concours Lepine International Exhibition of Inventions, which took place in Paris.
- What are Bioplastics and Biopolymers?
- Bioplastics Brands
- Bioplastics Awards
- What is the Difference Between Biodegradable, Compostable and OXO Degradable?
- The History and Most Important Innovations of Bioplastics
- What are Drop-In Bioplastics?
- History of Cellophane
- The History of Elephant Grass Bioplastics
- Bioplastics Companies
- Top Bioplastics Producers
- Polylactic acid or polylactide (PLA)
- What is Bio-BDO?
- McDonalds and the Polystyrene Connections
- The Future of Polystyrene
- Bioplastic Feedstock 1st, 2nd and 3rd Generations
- Palm Oil and The Bioplastics Industry
This article was published on the firstnews.com