Students used to refill bottles with filtered water and many were using single use plastic bottles.
Te school decide to give one free biodegradable bottle with the school crest. The bottles degrade fully within five years if they end up in the natural environment.
The new bottle will be launched by Coastwatch Europe founder and ecologist Karin Dubsky at a ceremony in the school on Friday.
Video News Sustainable Plastics
Inspiration came from biodegradable bottles being used by cyclists in the Tour de France.
Extra biodegradable bottles can be purchased for €5, with €1 from each sale going to fund the fight against breast cancer.
- What are Bioplastics and Biopolymers?
- Bioplastics Brands
- Bioplastics Awards
- What is the Difference Between Biodegradable, Compostable and OXO Degradable?
- The History and Most Important Innovations of Bioplastics
- What are Drop-In Bioplastics?
- History of Cellophane
- The History of Elephant Grass Bioplastics
- Bioplastics Companies
- Top Bioplastics Producers
- Polylactic acid or polylactide (PLA)
- What is Bio-BDO?
- McDonalds and the Polystyrene Connections
- The Future of Polystyrene
- Bioplastic Feedstock 1st, 2nd and 3rd Generations
- Palm Oil and The Bioplastics Industry