We never saw recycling as the final step. that’s why we are constantly searching for the next solution. introducing primaloft® bio, the first-ever biodegradable* synthetic insulation. in accelerated test conditions, primaloft® bio fibers reach near complete biodegradation* in just one year, while standard polyester remains almost completely intact. a major milestone in the journey towards a more sustainable world.
How it works
Primaloft® bio is made from 100% recycled fibers that break down at a highly-accelerated rate in environments like landfills and oceans. we’ve optimized these fibers to be more appetizing to the naturally-occurring microbes that live in these environments, returning the insulation to nature at a much faster rate. a textile breakthrough that allows brands, retailers and consumers to fast-forward to a higher level of sustainability.
- The following is written in very small letters … 80.3% biodegradation in 394 days under ASTM D5511 conditions
- Next time you return from summer holidays and your friends ask you:
- Friend: how was the weather?
- You: we had ASTM D5511 conditions.
- Friend: Every day?
- You: no, some day we had R2-D2
- Friend: How was the sand?
- You: the SiO2 had a wavelength of 570–590 nm
- Friend: how was the sea?
- You: the H2O had a wavelength of 450–495 nm
- Recycled plastics is usually used in the production of synthetic textiles. What do you think happens when you wash polyester?