We never saw recycling as the final step. that’s why we are constantly searching for the next solution. introducing primaloft® bio, the first-ever biodegradable* synthetic insulation. in accelerated test conditions, primaloft® bio fibers reach near complete biodegradation* in just one year, while standard polyester remains almost completely intact. a major milestone in the journey towards a more sustainable world.
How it works
Primaloft® bio is made from 100% recycled fibers that break down at a highly-accelerated rate in environments like landfills and oceans. we’ve optimized these fibers to be more appetizing to the naturally-occurring microbes that live in these environments, returning the insulation to nature at a much faster rate. a textile breakthrough that allows brands, retailers and consumers to fast-forward to a higher level of sustainability.
- What are Bioplastics and Biopolymers?
- Bioplastics Brands
- Bioplastics Awards
- What is the Difference Between Biodegradable, Compostable and OXO Degradable?
- The History and Most Important Innovations of Bioplastics
- What are Drop-In Bioplastics?
- History of Cellophane
- The History of Elephant Grass Bioplastics
- Bioplastics Companies
- Top Bioplastics Producers
- Polylactic acid or polylactide (PLA)
- What is Bio-BDO?
- McDonalds and the Polystyrene Connections
- The Future of Polystyrene
- Bioplastic Feedstock 1st, 2nd and 3rd Generations
- Palm Oil and The Bioplastics Industry