Ted Doheny, Sealed Air President and CEO said:
“At Sealed Air, we strive to leave our world, environment and communities better than we found them by leading innovative efforts to create differentiated, sustainable solutions,” “Our history of sustainability is strengthened through our new sustainability and plastics pledge and, as an industry leader, it’s our responsibility to build a waste-free future, keep our oceans clean and leave a lighter carbon footprint.”
Sealed Air pledges to accelerate efforts within their operations, its customers’ operations and, ultimately, the consumer, and will:
- Invest in Innovation: Design and advance packaging solutions to be 100% recyclable or reusable
- Eliminate Plastic Waste: Achieve an ambitious target of 50% average recycled content across all packaging solutions of which 60% is post-consumer recycled content
- Collaborate for Change: Lead collaborations with partners worldwide to increase recycling and reuse rates
Dr. Ron Cotterman, Sealed Air Vice President, Corporate Innovation and Sustainability, said;
“We are committed to developing packaging solutions that maximize product protection, resource efficiency and material circularity,” “Plastic packaging materials need to be ideally suited to meet the essential requirements of today’s complex supply chains that demand properties such as sealability, toughness and clarity. By focusing on product design, renewable and recycled materials and recovery processes, we will drive innovations that enhance performance and efficiency.”
Sealed Air is a participant in the Ellen MacArthur Foundation’s New Plastics Economy initiative and recently became a signatory to the New Plastics Economy Global Commitment. In addition to this new global plastics commitment, Sealed Air continues to invest in an expanding portfolio of sustainable solutions such as food packaging made from Plantic™ plant-based starch and recovered materials, EcoPure plant-based cushioning foams, newly released Cryovac® Darfresh® skin packaging options made with recycled PET materials and curbside recyclable temperature assurance solutions.
About Sealed Air
Sealed Air Corporation is a knowledge-based company focused on packaging solutions that help our customers achieve their sustainability goals in the face of today’s biggest social and environmental challenges. Our portfolio of widely recognized brands, including Cryovac® brand food packaging solutions and Bubble Wrap® brand cushioning, enable a safer and less wasteful food supply chain and protect valuable goods shipped around the world. Sealed Air generated $4.5 billion in sales in 2017 and has approximately 15,000 employees who serve customers in 122 countries.
- What are Bioplastics and Biopolymers?
- Bioplastics Brands
- Bioplastics Awards
- What is the Difference Between Biodegradable, Compostable and OXO Degradable?
- The History and Most Important Innovations of Bioplastics
- What are Drop-In Bioplastics?
- History of Cellophane
- The History of Elephant Grass Bioplastics
- Bioplastics Companies
- Top Bioplastics Producers
- Polylactic acid or polylactide (PLA)
- What is Bio-BDO?
- McDonalds and the Polystyrene Connections
- The Future of Polystyrene
- Bioplastic Feedstock 1st, 2nd and 3rd Generations
- Palm Oil and The Bioplastics Industry