BIC represents the private sector in the Bio-based Industries Joint Undertaking (BBI JU), a public-private partnership (PPP) with the EU worth €3.7 billion. By joining BIC, Braskem has become part of a wider network committed to bringing bio-based products to market.
Established as a pillar of the European Commission Bioeconomy Strategy, BBI JU operates under EU research and innovation programme Horizon 2020. It supports the development and production of bio-based products in Europe via biorefining research and demonstration projects, including large-scale commercialisation, through investment in innovative manufacturing facilities and processes.
Dirk Carrez, BIC’s Executive Director, said:
Recycling Plastics, UK Government Will Not Support Compostable Plastic, Plastic Pacts Mislead Consumers
“One of the objectives of BIC is structuring the European bio-based economy and developing a new industrial ecosystem by setting up innovative value chains, and mobilising private and public investments. We are convinced that Braskem can play a leading role.”
Gustavo Sergi, Director of Renewable Chemicals at Braskem, said,
“By joining BIC, we are now members of a key bio-based network in Europe. As producers of bio-based plastic I’m green™ and as a company strongly dedicated to developing and bringing new renewable products to the market, Braskem is looking forward to future discussions and collaborations with other BIC members from across the value chain.”
- What are Bioplastics and Biopolymers?
- Bioplastics Brands
- Bioplastics Awards
- What is the Difference Between Biodegradable, Compostable and OXO Degradable?
- The History and Most Important Innovations of Bioplastics
- What are Drop-In Bioplastics?
- History of Cellophane
- The History of Elephant Grass Bioplastics
- Bioplastics Companies
- Top Bioplastics Producers
- Polylactic acid or polylactide (PLA)
- What is Bio-BDO?
- McDonalds and the Polystyrene Connections
- The Future of Polystyrene
- Bioplastic Feedstock 1st, 2nd and 3rd Generations
- Palm Oil and The Bioplastics Industry