United Caps is an international manufacturer of caps and closures and Braskem is a Brazilian chemical company. Both will work together to produce bottle caps made from sugar cane bioplastics. The sugar cane bioplastics produced by Braskem is Polyethylene sold under the brand “I’m green™ .
United Caps will bring two bioplastics caps and closures to the market:
- The VICTORIA closure, a 30/25 screw closure designed for still drinks.
- PROFLATSEAL for dairy products and still drinks, both pressurised and non-pressurised.
Astrid Hoffmann-Leist, Chief Marketing and Innovation Officer United Caps, said:
“As we continue to take steps to ensure our caps and closures are as sustainable as possible, this partnership with Braskem is an important step in that direction. Using bio-sourced plastics and developing high performance lighter weight caps and closures are just two of the ways we are pursuing more sustainable operations.”
United Caps is headquartered in Luxembourg and has manufacturing facilities in Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Luxembourg and Spain. Employing more than 500 people and a turnover around 137 million Euros (2017).
- What are Drop-In Bioplastics?
- Neste is Becoming a Major Bioplastics Producer
- Ikea and Neste Go Bioplastics
- Novamont supplies British Government
RELATED ARTICLES & DOCS