Reasons why Bosch is selling the packaging operations
- packaging operations have insufficient synergies with Bosch’s other activities;
- packaging operations could compete more effectively outside the group;
- Bosch wants to focus on other topics such as transformation and digitalisation of the group. Bosch is the largest car part maker and wants to focus on electric and self-driving cars and internet of things.
Bosch hasn’t held talks with any potential buyer at this point-in-time and wishes to sell the company as one entity.
Facts about Bosch Packaging
- Bosch Packaging was established in 1974.
- 6.300 employees in 2017 and 6.100 today.
- 2017 turnover is around €1.3 billion
- Headquarters are in Waiblingen (Germany)
- Offices in 15 countries
- Plastic packaging is currently in the public opinion’s eye and Bosch may want to leave the ship before the storm.
- Did Bosch miss the bioplastics wave? IS the company agile enough to adapt to changes and market disruptions? Was their decision making process efficient?
- Would Bosch sell its packaging division if it was that profitable and future-proof?