Reasons why Bosch is selling the packaging operations
- packaging operations have insufficient synergies with Bosch’s other activities;
- packaging operations could compete more effectively outside the group;
- Bosch wants to focus on other topics such as transformation and digitalisation of the group. Bosch is the largest car part maker and wants to focus on electric and self-driving cars and internet of things.
Bosch hasn’t held talks with any potential buyer at this point-in-time and wishes to sell the company as one entity.
Facts about Bosch Packaging
- Bosch Packaging was established in 1974.
- 6.300 employees in 2017 and 6.100 today.
- 2017 turnover is around €1.3 billion
- Headquarters are in Waiblingen (Germany)
- Offices in 15 countries
- What are Bioplastics and Biopolymers?
- Bioplastics Brands
- Bioplastics Awards
- What is the Difference Between Biodegradable, Compostable and OXO Degradable?
- The History and Most Important Innovations of Bioplastics
- What are Drop-In Bioplastics?
- History of Cellophane
- The History of Elephant Grass Bioplastics
- Bioplastics Companies
- Top Bioplastics Producers
- Polylactic acid or polylactide (PLA)
- What is Bio-BDO?
- McDonalds and the Polystyrene Connections
- The Future of Polystyrene
- Bioplastic Feedstock 1st, 2nd and 3rd Generations
- Palm Oil and The Bioplastics Industry