The new bottle contains 50% recycled PET and 15 % plant based plastics made from a sugar cane byproduct.
This is not Innocent’s first attempt. Innocent launched a compostable PLA bottle 12 years ago but it was removed from the market 12 month later because of lack of customer understanding of compostability.
Innocent launched a 100 % recycled PET bottle in 2007 but had to cut back to 35% recycled plastics because the bad quality of the available recycled plastics. Since 2013 the bottles were made with 50% recycled PET.
Recycling Plastics, UK Government Will Not Support Compostable Plastic, Plastic Pacts Mislead Consumers
Innocent is a company that has the courage to jump on the customer trends wagon and to innovate.
- What are Bioplastics and Biopolymers?
- Bioplastics Brands
- Bioplastics Awards
- What is the Difference Between Biodegradable, Compostable and OXO Degradable?
- The History and Most Important Innovations of Bioplastics
- What are Drop-In Bioplastics?
- History of Cellophane
- The History of Elephant Grass Bioplastics
- Bioplastics Companies
- Top Bioplastics Producers
- Polylactic acid or polylactide (PLA)
- What is Bio-BDO?
- McDonalds and the Polystyrene Connections
- The Future of Polystyrene
- Bioplastic Feedstock 1st, 2nd and 3rd Generations
- Palm Oil and The Bioplastics Industry