10th International Conference on Bio-bases Marerials – Köln, Germany- May 10-11, 2017
Cathay produces Long Chain Di-Acids (LDCAs) from paraffin or fatty acids in one step.
It also produces 1,5 pentane diamine (DN5) from biomass or plant sugars in one process step using micro-organisms. DN5 is a substitute of fossil HMDA to make PA56. This gives access to the 30bn$ global market of polyamides, specifically to the replacement of incumbent PA66 with a building block that is more sustainable.
PA56 improves textile performance with a better moisture absorbance and better elastic recovery. It also has inherent flame retardance, and dyes faster.
China runs a “National Super Imitation Cotton Program” blending polyester with polyamide. Terry*l PA56 does a great job for the blend as it has a melting point close to the melting point of PET.
- What are Bioplastics and Biopolymers?
- Bioplastics Brands
- Bioplastics Awards
- What is the Difference Between Biodegradable, Compostable and OXO Degradable?
- The History and Most Important Innovations of Bioplastics
- What are Drop-In Bioplastics?
- History of Cellophane
- The History of Elephant Grass Bioplastics
- Bioplastics Companies
- Top Bioplastics Producers
- Polylactic acid or polylactide (PLA)
- What is Bio-BDO?
- McDonalds and the Polystyrene Connections
- The Future of Polystyrene
- Bioplastic Feedstock 1st, 2nd and 3rd Generations
- Palm Oil and The Bioplastics Industry