10th International Conference on Bio-bases Marerials – Köln, Germany- May 10-11, 2017
Cellulose for other applications than paper enjoys a growth rate superior to the one of global GDP. Borregaard is the leading supplier of lignin based products. Mainly Lignosulfonates (market of 1.2 million tons ). Also investigate “organosolv” lignins, of which none is commercial yet, but which look promising.
To optimize the quality of the lignin, Borregaard developed and patented the BALI* technology and operate a demo plant. They look for a partner to develop the technology to industrial stage. BALI is feedstock agnostic, produces drop-in sugars and a highly functional lignin.
Borregard participates to the EU BIOFOREVER project.
Borregaard also developed EXILVA* micro fibrillated cellulose and build a 1000 tons per year demo plant with a grant of 25 million € from BBI in the category of “flagship” projects ( ref to point 1 of day 1). As well as SENEFI cellulosic texture enhancer and dietary fiber.
Currently starting to work on Mannose from Norway spruce to valorize it better than simply producing bio-ethanol as they currently do.
- Discover all our articles on Lignin
- Stora Enso launches lignin-based phenol
- USDA-NIFA funds University of Tennessee for plastics development from lignin
- Established and new applications for Lignin, Hemicellulose and Cellulose
- VTT develops CatLignin, a reactive lignin for wood adhesives
- Biochemtex and Valmet work on converting lignin into bio-chemicals
- TECNARO develops, produces and markets lignin based ARBOFORM®
- Bio aromatics derived from lignin
- Lignin from biorefineries into Adhesive
- Lignin and plant-oil based aromatic polymers
- Biosensors to optimise bio-refining process of Lignin
- Lignin as feedstock by 2020 requires funding
- Bio-Lignin as source of Bio-Molecules
- Lignin – The Future Gold
- Bioplastic Materials
- Bioplastics Events
- Top Bioplastics Companies