10th International Conference on Bio-bases Marerials – Köln, Germany- May 10-11, 2017
Cellulose for other applications than paper enjoys a growth rate superior to the one of global GDP. Borregaard is the leading supplier of lignin based products. Mainly Lignosulfonates (market of 1.2 million tons ). Also investigate “organosolv” lignins, of which none is commercial yet, but which look promising.
To optimize the quality of the lignin, Borregaard developed and patented the BALI* technology and operate a demo plant. They look for a partner to develop the technology to industrial stage. BALI is feedstock agnostic, produces drop-in sugars and a highly functional lignin.
Borregard participates to the EU BIOFOREVER project.
Borregaard also developed EXILVA* micro fibrillated cellulose and build a 1000 tons per year demo plant with a grant of 25 million € from BBI in the category of “flagship” projects ( ref to point 1 of day 1). As well as SENEFI cellulosic texture enhancer and dietary fiber.
Currently starting to work on Mannose from Norway spruce to valorize it better than simply producing bio-ethanol as they currently do.
- What are Bioplastics and Biopolymers?
- Bioplastics Brands
- Bioplastics Awards
- What is the Difference Between Biodegradable, Compostable and OXO Degradable?
- The History and Most Important Innovations of Bioplastics
- What are Drop-In Bioplastics?
- History of Cellophane
- The History of Elephant Grass Bioplastics
- Bioplastics Companies
- Top Bioplastics Producers
- Polylactic acid or polylactide (PLA)
- What is Bio-BDO?
- McDonalds and the Polystyrene Connections
- The Future of Polystyrene
- Bioplastic Feedstock 1st, 2nd and 3rd Generations
- Palm Oil and The Bioplastics Industry