10th International Conference on Bio-bases Marerials – Köln, Germany- May 10-11, 2017
A certification proves the compliance of a product with a standard or a norm
A label is a mean to communicate product properties and compliance to a standard.
Hong-Kong students are persecuted because they demand freedom and rights. Is environmental sustainability more important than human dignity?
Activities of CEN / TC 411: various standards have been drafted to determine the bio-based content of products beyond their C14 content ( base of US ASTM std), their sustainability and the communication of claims to consumers. A product can be certified as biodegradable in sea water but forbidden to claim it to end consumers not to encourage littering into the sea.
The existing standards available for now are “OK bio-based” from Vinçotte and “DIN geprüft bio-based” from DIN CERTO.
Std on LCA has also been established: EN ISO 14040 and 14044.
- What are Bioplastics and Biopolymers?
- Bioplastics Brands
- Bioplastics Awards
- What is the Difference Between Biodegradable, Compostable and OXO Degradable?
- The History and Most Important Innovations of Bioplastics
- What are Drop-In Bioplastics?
- History of Cellophane
- The History of Elephant Grass Bioplastics
- Bioplastics Companies
- Top Bioplastics Producers
- Polylactic acid or polylactide (PLA)
- What is Bio-BDO?
- McDonalds and the Polystyrene Connections
- The Future of Polystyrene
- Bioplastic Feedstock 1st, 2nd and 3rd Generations
- Palm Oil and The Bioplastics Industry