Metgen designs and markets novel enzymatic solutions. MetGen was founded in 2008 by Alex Michine, CEO and Professor Alex Azhayev, CSO and professor of bioorganic chemistry at the University of Eastern Finland (Kuopio, Finland).
MetGen’s enzymes – MetZyme® – are industrial, highly-active, natural catalysts that accelerate chemical reactions. Offering customised projects to meet customer’s specific needs, MetGen uses advances in genetic engineering and microbiology to adapt enzymes to harsh industrial conditions and to handle a variety of lignocellulosic substrates.
In 2014 MetGen Oy has won the Best in BioFuel / BioEnergy category for the Global Cleantech Cluster Association (GCCA) 2014 Later Stage Award. The GCCA’s Global Top 10 Winners represent the best of the association’s 52 member clusters and over 10,000 member companies.
In 2013 MetGen was named in the prestigious 2013 Global Cleantech 100 list, produced by the Cleantech Group, which highlights the most promising cleantech companies that are likely to make the most significant market impact over the next 5-10 years.
In 2012, MetGen was among the top 25 Cleantech Start-ups from Nordic Cleantech, reaching the top 10 Cleantech Start-ups in the Nordics (Nordic Cleantech Open).
MetGen was selected as Cleantech Company winner of Eurecan European Venture Contest 2010.
- Pulp, Paper Packaging
- Renewable Chemicals
- Water & Biogas
- Innovations & Collaborations
- MetZyme® BRILA™ ENZYME PRODUCT FAMILY – For recycled fibre applications
- MetZyme® POVON™ENZYME PRODUCT FAMILY – For chemical pulp applications
- MetZyme® LIGNO™ ENZYME PRODUCT FAMILY – For lignin modification
- MetZyme® PLATA™ ENZYME PRODUCT FAMILY – For pitch control
- MetZyme® SEKALO™ ENZYME PRODUCT FAMILY – For starch conversion
- MetZyme® FORICO™ ENZYME PRODUCT FAMILY – For water treatment
- MetZyme® FORCI™ ENZYME PRODUCT FAMILY – For biogas applications
- MetZyme® SUNO™ ENZYME PRODUCT FAMILY – For lignocellulosic sugars
- MetZyme® PURECO™ ENZYME PRODUCT FAMILY – For biochemical conversions
MetGen Oy // Rakentajantie 26, 20780 Kaarina, Finland / firstname.lastname@example.org / +358 2 237 7077