BASF is the world’s leading chemical company.
With more than 110,000 employees, six Verbund sites and approximately 380 additional production sites worldwide BASF serves customers and partners in almost all countries of the world.
In 2012, BASF posted sales of €72.1 billion.
Basf produces following bioplastics/ PBAT, PBAT blends, biodegradable and biobased polymers
Ecoflex is a certified compostable polymer and the first compostable polymer of BASF on a fossil basis and is on the market for more than a quarter century.
Compared to conventional plastics, Ecoflex® offers a decisive benefit: certified compostability.
Ecoflex® is an innovative pioneer in the field of biodegradable polymers, being an important raw material for many compostable and biobased plastics. Ecoflex® is:
- the ideal blend component for bioplastics
- certified compostable
- elastic as well as water and tear-resistant
- processable on conventional blown film plants for polyethylene)
- printable and weldable
- suitable for food contact
Ecovio is a compostable plastic which has a variable proportion of renewable raw materials and at the same time can be adapted according to customer requirements.
Ecovio consists of the biodegradable plastic ecoflex and polylactic acid (PLA), which is obtained from renewable raw materials based on sugar.
- Articles on BASF
- BASF Invests in Lanzatech
- Bioplastics Brands
- Bioplastics Awards
- What is the Difference Between Biodegradable, Compostable and OXO Degradable?
- The History and Most Important Innovations of Bioplastics
- Bioplastics Companies
- Polylactic acid or polylactide (PLA)
- Bioplastics Events and Conferences 2019