This report summarizes the results of a BETO-sponsored public workshop held at Argonne National Laboratory on September 25–26, 2019.
The Bio-Restore Workshop brought together experts to discuss the current state of technologies relevant to terrestrial and algal biomass, and to identify data and research and development relevant to the bio-restore concept.
Specific topics mentioned in the report include:
- Using dedicated energy crops and other biomass sources to provide environmental benefits
• Implementing algae technologies
• Quantifying and valorizing ecosystem services
• Developing low-cost sensors and data management systems
• Integrating “bio-restore biomass” with supply chain needs.