Sustainable, renewable, biobased and completely biodegradable, it holds enormous promise for replacing plastics made from petrochemicals.
Instead of the plastic litter now found on our land, beaches and waterways, we foresee a world in which the plastic products we use every day are made from the naturally occurring, sustainable PHA biopolymer we are creating.
- Versatile, adaptable and heat- and UV-resistant
- FDA approved for food contact
- Capable of properties comparable to many petrochemical plastics
- Custom formulated to create many types of plastic resins for different purposes
- Durable enough for high-speed processing
- Able to withstand high temperatures while in storage
- Able to preserve food and other stored goods better than many competitors
- Capable of bonding successfully with materials, such as paper
A Wide Range of Applications
The range of applications for products made with PHA is enormous and includes:
- Food-storage bags
- Shopping bags
- Diaper linings
- Trash bags
- Seals, labels, glues and much more
Certified 100% Biodegradable and Compostable
Whether discarded on the ground, cast into the ocean or deposited in a landfill, products made of Danimer Scientific‘s PHA will fully decompose in about three months to a year.
At Danimer Scientific, we are creating the future of plastics. It is a sustainable future, and we invite you to be a part of it.
Published on danimerscientific.com
- Danimer Scientific Wins Georgia Bio Golden Helix Award
- Danimer Scientific Opens First Nodax PHA Commercial Plant
- Danimer Scientific and Columbia Packaging Partner for Home Compostable Bags