20 January 2020: After attracting more entries than ever before in their third year, the shortlist for the Plastics Recycling Awards Europe 2020 has been published.
The winners of the seven award categories will be announced on 26 March, the second day of the Plastics Recycling Show Europe taking place at the RAI Amsterdam.
“The Plastics Recycling Awards Europe 2020 have attracted a record number of entries. The influx of projects, principally, in the Product Technology, from across the whole value chain including brand owners, raw material producers, machine and equipment producers is a testimony that there is a genuine commitment from all the actors to make plastics circular,” said Ton Emans, PRE President. “Congratulations to all of this year’s finalists in each category. The standard is higher than ever this year and the judges will have a difficult task to single out the winners.”
Plastics Recycling Awards Europe 2020 Finalists:
Automotive, Electrical or Electronic Product of the Year – plastic parts used in automotive and electrical products
- ABS PCR Monofilament, for industrial and home use, by RE Plano GmbH
- Birò O2 electric car by Estrima srl
- Recycle Fan Shroud by Ford Otosan
- SENSEO® Eco Coffee Maker by Philips
Building & Construction Product of the Year – interior and exterior construction products of all types
- GreenMatter outdoor sports furniture by W&H Sports
- PVC-U range of trunking and conduit systems from Marshall-Tufflex Ltd
- OGEL CONSTRUCTION SYSTEM, a modular wall system by Products of Mass Construction Limited
- The virtuous lifecycle of a PET Bottle, a carrier for bituminous waterproofing membranes by Freudenberg Performance Materials
- Zedex Sustane, damp-proof course and cavity trays by Berry bpi
Household & Leisure Product of the Year – covering all types of domestic and leisure goods (excluding electricals)
- “Der Gelbe Sack” – a recycling sack made of ca. 95% recycled post-consumer plastic film by Pakufol ein Unternehmen der REMONDIS-Gruppe
- FALK – claimed to be the first design chair in the world to be made from post-consumer plastics – using the innovative recompound Procyclen® by HOUE Design ApS and INTERSEROH Dienstleistungs GmbH
- Innovative PCR compound updates an iconic school chair for the 2020s from Fortum Waste Solutions Oy
- MbM Europe display systems from Armo Europe Systems
- RH New Logic office chair by Flokk
- Salemo lounge set garden furniture by Keter
- From yoghurt cup to suitcase Samsonite, S’Cure ECO Green Grey Edition by Samsonite Europe NV
- Sustane Refuse Sack, multi-layer refuse sack from Berry bpi
- Wham Upcycled storage boxes by What More UK
Plastic Packaging Product of the Year – judged on design innovation with recycled content and design for recycling
- Circular Eco Line tube with flip top cap by RE Plano GmbH
- Plastics webshop bag film in 100% recycled material by Oerlemans Plastics B.V.
- NestRack © Pallet – Cabka’s new nestable and rackable pallet
- evian® (re)new in-home water appliance with a “bubble-like” container 100% recyclable and made with 100% recycled PET by DANONE
- Circular Eco Jar, double wall jars from RE Plano GmbH
- APET Evolve tray by Færch
- PET bottle ‘Saskia Still’ 1.5 litre by Schwarz Produktion – MEG
Plastics Recycling Ambassador of the Year – individuals who have made an outstanding contribution to European plastics recycling.
- Julen Rodriguez Sola, CEO of The Gravity Wave
- Flor Peña Herron, Sustainability Project Manager Europe at Avery Dennison
- Carlos de Los Llanos, Scientific Director at Citeo
- An Vossen, Executive Manager of Plarebel
- Kim Ragaert, Associate Professor at Ghent University
Product Technology Innovation of the Year – improving recyclable plastic products or incorporating recycled materials in product production
- Starlinger “circular packaging” technology for Bag2Bag rPP solutions by Starlinger & Co GesmbH
- ReVive™ 962 E multi-material packaging films from Ampacet Europe
- R-Silphan siliconized BoPET production by Siliconature spa
- Odor Scavenger odour absorber masterbatch from Ampacet Europe
- CuRe technology that removes polyester colour by CuRe Technology BV
- Upcycling of polystyrene foam demolition waste containing HBCD through dissolution. The PolyStyreneLoop cooperative bringing the circular economy in action.
- CleanFlake™ Flex technology that facilitates clean PET recycling from Avery Dennison
- The Circular Shrink Hood technical film with 50% PCR content by Valipac
- Blue Edge 226 technology that improves the aesthetics of clear flexible rPE packaging by Ampacet Europe
- “Certified Circular Polypropylene” for consumer food packaging – Magnum and Knorr from Unilever
- EcoAllene™ from Ecoplasteam S.p.A.
- Interactive IML label by Verstraete in mould labels, a Multi-Color Company
- SealPPeel die-cut lidding by Verstraete in mould labels, a Multi-Color Company
- Self-adhesive label made from 100% PCR PE with wash-off adhesive for hot-wash conditions by schäfer-etiketten GmbH & Co. KG, HERMA GmbH and POLIFILM EXTRUSION GmbH
Recycling Machinery Innovation of the Year – increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of plastic recycling processes
- New bottle-to-bottle technology VACUNITE® from EREMA Engineering Recycling Maschinen und Anlagen Ges.m.b.H
- Gel-less film recycling with Mas Technology, film recycling technology by Caroda BV Polymer recovery and MAS Maschinen-und Anlagenbau Schulz GMBH)
- Intelligent and dynamically controlled shredder – ready for upcycling, communication technology in the shredder by Lindner-Recyclingtech GmbH
- GRANUmaster Smart Control, digitalization of a series granulator by Hellweg Maschinenbau GmbH & Co. KG
- AMP (Adaptive Motor Power): Highest operation performance and lowest energy utilization for the production of regrind material from C.M.G. SpA
- CW Dewiring Machine plastic bale opening technology by Cross Wrap Oy
Judges of the Plastics Recycling Awards Europe 2020 include Gian de Belder, Principal Scientist and Packaging Technologist at Procter & Gamble and Plastics Recycling Ambassador 2019.
The other judges are Professor Kim Ragaert of Ghent University; Willemijn Peeters CEO of Searious Business and Plastics Recycling Ambassador 2018; Karen Laird, Editor of Sustainable Plastics; Rune Thoralfsson, Owner and Director of Norfolier GreenTec AS and Ton Emans, President of Plastics Recyclers Europe (PRE).
The Plastics Recycling Awards Europe are organised jointly by Plastics Recyclers Europe and Crain Communications, organisers of PRSE.
PRSE is a pan-European, free-to-attend exhibition and a conference designed specifically for plastics recycling professionals.
It brings together key players from across the entire plastics recycling value chain to showcase innovative technology, share best practice, network and do business.
Organisations exhibiting at the event include plastics recycling machinery and equipment suppliers, plastic material suppliers and compounders, pre-processors, plastics recyclers, waste management specialists and industry associations.
The 2019 edition hosted 3,250 delegates and 120 exhibiting companies. Over 150 companies have already booked to exhibit at PRSE 2020.
About the Plastics Recycling Show Europe
The Plastics Recycling Show Europe (PRSE) is the annual exhibition and conference for plastics recycling professionals.
It brings together key players from the plastics and recycling sectors to learn, network and capitalise on the business opportunities plastic recycling offers.
The annual event is organised by Crain Communications and Plastics Recyclers Europe (PRE) and next takes place at RAI, Amsterdam in the Netherlands on 25 and 26 March 2020.
PRE is an organisation representing the voice of the European plastics recyclers who reprocess plastic waste into high quality material destined for production of new articles.
Recyclers are important facilitators of the circularity of plastics and the transition towards the circular economy.
Plastics recycling in Europe is a rapidly growing sector representing €3bn in turnover, 6.6 mt of installed recycling capacity, 500 companies and 18,000 employees.
Published on prseventeurope.com