Competition opens: Monday 9 December 2019
Competition closes: Wednesday 19 February 2020 12:00pm
Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, will invest up to £36 million from the Smart Sustainable Plastic Packaging Programme to demonstrate solutions to create a more circular economy for plastic packaging. This funding will be provided in 3 rounds, including one invitation-only competition.
Your project must also include significant industry investment.
This competition aims to invest in up to 3 practical demonstrators. We are also running a feasibility studies competition, to help applicants develop proposals for later rounds under this programme.
Your project must aim to:
- help make the plastics packaging supply chain more circular
- deliver the targets of the UK Plastics Pact
- improve on current state-of-the-art plastic packaging, while still demonstrating practical and close-to-market solutions
Your proposal must:
- show how your project supports the objectives of the Pact and delivers systemic change
- clearly explain how you would reduce the UK plastic packaging system’s overall environmental impact
We welcome projects across 1 or more of 4 areas:
- Technology or process.
- Business model or behaviour change.
The competition closes at midday 12pm UK time on the deadline stated.
Your project’s total eligible costs must be between £2 million and £48 million.
Click on the link for more info and registration