The Sustainability Report is the way we present ourselves to internal and external stakeholders through our commitments, strategy, management approach and the results of our corporate activity, broken down into its three main elements: economic, environmental and social.
Through its chapters, the Sustainability Report highlights our continuous and growing commitment to:
- setting up a new model of sustainable industrial development based on the bioeconomy;
- improving the technical and environmental performance of our products by increasing the amount of renewable raw materials contained in them;
- the constant involvement of and close collaboration with the company’s key stakeholders.
The main elements that characterize the Sustainability Report 2018 relate to:
- reporting boundaries: also this year the Report includes the Novamont Group companies present on the italian territory: Novamont, Mater-Biopolymer and Mater-Biotech;
- the structure: strongly inspired by the SDGs and improved in the description on the management approach of the material topics of the Group;
- the addition of new GRI and non-GRI indicators in order to describe our reality in greater detail. Overall, the Report 2018 contains more than 100 indicators;
- the glossary: a “Glossary” section has been included in the appendix, which contains definitions of a selection of terms most frequently used in Novamont’s sector
- the graphic has been renewed and inspired by space and astronomy in order to invite the reader to observe our Earth from a new perspective, to give a concrete and tangible value to the word “sustainability”, an absolute priority for the new industrial and economic reality.
Download the Report
Videos by Bioplastics News Chief Editor
Advantages and Disadvantages of PLA