Jon Ehly, President and CEO said
“We’ve been in R&D mode with ReFoam for the last few years, working to create a material that will give our customers all the familiar benefits of EPS, but with added environmentally friendly end-of-life options. It really presents the best of both worlds. ReFoam has been lab tested to be shelf stable for a couple of years in dry storage conditions and remains recyclable. At the same time, materials that are disposed of in bio-reactive landfills, or escape into nature, will be submitted to conditions optimal for promoting the oxo-biodegradation process.”
Available in the first quarter of 2019, the ReFoam cooler oxo-biodegrades in sunlight and moisture.
ReFoam could replace traditional EPS in a number of applications such as foam-insulated shipping coolers, protective packaging and various retail and consumer goods.
- Is this a scam? Or is this a joke? Biodegradable Styrofoam … probably the best joke of the year.
- The polystyrene circus is in town.
- Polystyrene is considered as a chemical weapon in at least 500 countries 😉
- Food Delivery Company Replaces Polystyrene with Bioplastics
- New York Procurement Bans Polystyrene
- The Future of Polystyrene
- Bioplastics Events and Conferences 2019