Sofia Rizzo came up with the idea while on vacation in Hawai. First she sold it to her classmates who became loyal customers. And now it’s booming. Sofia’s parents both reduce their full-time jobs to help their daughter’s business and they have even hired a full-time staff to keep up with the demand! Glitter girl is a cruelty-free makeup brand.
The brand is called Glitter Girl and is made up of “a biodegradable film made from trees, primarily eucalyptus, sourced from responsibly managed plantations” and it is “certified compostable.” You don’t have to worry about it going on pollute the waterways forever.
“Traditional” glitter is made up of plastic and aluminium bonded with polyethylene terephthalate (PET).
- What are Bioplastics and Biopolymers?
- Bioplastics Brands
- Bioplastics Awards
- What is the Difference Between Biodegradable, Compostable and OXO Degradable?
- The History and Most Important Innovations of Bioplastics
- What are Drop-In Bioplastics?
- History of Cellophane
- The History of Elephant Grass Bioplastics
- Bioplastics Companies
- Top Bioplastics Producers
- Polylactic acid or polylactide (PLA)
- What is Bio-BDO?
- McDonalds and the Polystyrene Connections
- The Future of Polystyrene
- Bioplastic Feedstock 1st, 2nd and 3rd Generations
- Palm Oil and The Bioplastics Industry
- Glitter Girl Online Store click here