“Biobased Materials” continue to grow in importance globally in a wide variety of industrial sectors, and not only because of reasons associated with sustainability. The primary reason is the technical benefits of these materials. The potential for new products and new applications based on existing and new materials is far from being exhausted.
For the 10th time, the Congress for Biobased Materials, Natural Fibres and WPC provides a platform for industrial researchers, engineers and academics to present, exchange and discuss the latest developments, trends in innovations as well as strategic questions.
The congress, which was initiated 1998 in Kassel, has helped to drive the expansion of applications of this group of materials. Considering the advancements and future trends, the congress has expanded the focus from WPC to biobased composites and bioplastics and to renewable materials.
Over the years the congress has attracted a tremendous number of participants (in the recent years from 40 countries), which makes it one of the leading events in Europe.
CONFIRMED SPEAKERS SO FAR
- BASF SE, Prof. Dr. Andreas Künkel, Germany
- Borealis Polyolefine GmbH, Michael Tranninger, Austria
- Composite Technical Services llc, Enrico Ferri, USA
- Fraunhofer IAP, Prof. Dr. Hans-Peter Fink and Dr. Johannes Ganster, Germany
- Fraunhofer ICT, Dr. Jan Diemert, Germany
- Fraunhofer IGB, Prof. Dr. Thomas Hirth, Germany
- HempFlax b.v., Mark Reinders, The Netherlands
- KraussMaffei Technologies GmbH, Martin Würtele, Germany
- KTH Fiber & Polymer Technology, Prof. Lars Berglund, Sweden
- UPM, Markku Koivisto, Finland
- VTT Technical Research Center, Dr. Pia Qvintus, Finland
- WMG, University of Warwick, Prof. Kerry Kirwan, UK
- WPC Corporation, Takeyasu Kikuchi, Japan
- Washington State University, Prof. Karl Englund, USA
- Biological, biobased materials: bioplastics and biocomposites
- Natural and cellulose fibre-reinforced and innovative plastic composites
- Innovative processing and manufacturing methods for said materials and composites
- Additives and fillers for biobased materials and composites
- Innovative applications, for instance, in the furniture, construction, packaging, sporting goods, aircraft and automotive industries
- Bioplastic Materials
- Bioplastics Events
- Top Bioplastics Companies
- Bioplastics India
- Epoxy Resin
- BASF Bioplastics
- Novamont bioplastics