Innovation begins with you. Since 1986, The Dow Packaging Innovation Awards honor innovations in packaging design, materials, technology and processes across the entire packaging value chain.
We welcome brands, retailers, packaging designers, converters and technology providers around the world to enter and be recognized.
All entries are reviewed and judged by a prestigious, independent panel of international judges throughout the value chain. Our judges have expertise in:
- Consumer Insights
- Structural and Graphic Design
- Materials, Components and Systems
- Package and Materials Converting
- Research & Development
Schedule of Events
- Call for Entries: January 30, 2020
- Submission Deadline: April 10, 2020
- Judging Event: Week of May 18, 2020
- Winners Announced: Fall 2020
There is no entry fee.
- All entries must be submitted by 11:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time (GMT -7) April 10, 2020.
- Only commercially sold products, technologies and processes are eligible, and must have been on the market and actively selling for at least six months prior to judging.
- Products that were commercialized prior to 2016 may not be considered for entry.
- Do not submit information or data considered either confidential or proprietary by your organization.
- When submitting multiple entries, please submit a separate entry form for each.
- Incomplete entry forms will not be judged.
- You must submit five samples of this entry (may not be applicable to technology or process entries). Entries without samples or mock-ups will not be judged.
- If the product within your package is perishable or requires refrigeration, you must send an empty package or a mock-up with imitation product. Supplemental materials like videos or photos showing the original product in use may be submitted.
- Entries that have a responsible/sustainable packaging claim must substantiate that claim in some way (i.e. life cycle assessment, carbon impact study, etc.).
- The entry does not need to contain a Dow material or technology.
- It is encouraged to submit externally approved photos and/or videos of your products that will be shared with the judging panel and also used for promotion if your submission is selected as a winner.
- Complete this online entry form. All entries MUST be received by April 10, 2020. All samples must arrive no later than April 29, 2020. You may save an entry and continue at a later time by clicking Save in the bottom right of the form. You may also share the entry with others who may help to complete or review if needed.
- Send five samples (may not be applicable to technology or processes) to the following address:
Packaging Innovation Awards by DowEEI Global Las Vegas
Attn: Heather Roy (Entry ID)
80 North Mojave Road
Las Vegas, NV 89101
Phone: +1 702-531-5443
Only commercial samples will be accepted, not packaging prototypes. Samples and mock-ups will not be returned.
You will receive an Entry Confirmation document via email upon submission of your entry. Print and attach a copy of the unique Packing Slip enclosed in the Entry Confirmation document to the outside of each package being shipped. If you do not receive the email please check your spam or junk folders. Remember: When submitting multiple entries, you must submit a separate entry form for each entry.
- Please Note Special Customs Instructions: All samples must clear US Customs. Many samples will also have to clear various import government agencies such as the FDA (for food and cosmetics). DO NOT SHIP ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES! DO NOT SHIP REFRIGERATED, FROZEN or PERISHABLE ITEMS! Because of the complexity of Customs clearing, we are asking that the shipper only submit actual products with their packaging if that product is essential to the nature of the packaging. If actual products must be included, we ask that the shipper be responsible for all US government agency clearances and for payments of duty/tax if applicable. If the products are subject to import registration restrictions, such as for food items, we expect the shipper to apply for and meet those registration requirements. Items that are shipped but cannot clear the US government’s import process will be returned to the shipper or destroyed at the port of entry.
- Please allow enough time for your samples to reach us by April 29, 2020. To facilitate a smooth customs clearance process and ensure your submission arrives on time, we recommend you ship your samples as soon as possible via an express courier such as DHL, FedEx, or UPS. When completing the paperwork, look for and select the shipping term “Free Domicile” or “DDP” (Delivery Duty Paid). Always list a contact name and number on your paperwork to ensure that you can be reached in the event that customs has questions about the products you are shipping. Please add your Entry ID on the airbill.
ENTRIES WITHOUT SAMPLES WILL NOT BE JUDGED.