- Develop methods to convert natural wastes into sustainable polyurethanes. These can be used to develop insulation foams and adhesives, as well as fire retardant products.
- Develop new high-performance bio-resins to produce eco-friendly wooden panels.
- Produce eco-friendly sustainable cement with improved properties.
- Design and assemble an environmentally sustainable and fire resistant construction solution.
- Demonstrate the development of eco-friendly products and their sustainability and business potential compared to existing solutions.
Methodology – how it will deliver
- Purification of platforms from wastes
- Development of building blocks and resins
- Development of fire retardants
- Up-scaling of chemical and enzymatic processes
- Development of lab-scale products
- Manufacturing of materials and products at small scale plant
- Manufacturing of materials and products at pilot scale
Stage 5 (post-project):
- Replication and commercialisation
Meeting EC targets – Creating sustainable patterns of consumption and production
The new processes developed within the REHAP project will facilitate a significant step towards a better use of natural resources and thus will help to reach the three priorities of the Europe 2020 Strategy:
- Smart growth through the development of an economy based on knowledge and innovation
- Sustainable growth promoting a resource-efficient, green and more competitive economy
- Inclusive growth fostering a high-employment economy
- Decreased use of fossil resources and energy in the process industry
- Creation of new jobs in the bio-based products sector
- Improved innovation capacity and the integration of new knowledge at EU level
- Improved industrial competitiveness
- COLLANTI Concorde
- Insight Publishers LTD
- RINA Consulting
Videos by Bioplastics News Chief Editor
Advantages and Disadvantages of PLA