The Technology Pioneers of 2019 bring together 56 early to growth-stage companies from around the world that are pioneering new technologies and innovations ranging from the use of artificial intelligence to fight human trafficking, driverless trucks, quantum computing systems, compostable packaging, and blockchain solutions to tackle disinformation.
By joining this community, Technology Pioneers begin a two-year journey where they are part of the World Economic Forum’s initiatives, activities and events, bringing cutting-edge insights and fresh thinking to critical global discussions.
Here’s what was published on the website of the World Economic Forum
The company is named TIPA. Nature’s packaging is compostable. Why should ours be any different? TIPA is committed to developing and producing viable, fully compostable alternatives to conventional flexible plastic packaging that address the plastic waste crisis and can transform the packaging industry.
TIPA products are inspired by nature’s packaging and have been created with the ability to align with current industry infrastructure and practice, such that no change is needed during the manufacturing process nor at any point along the supply chain. TIPA products meet value chain needs in functionality, look, format and feel, and can be easily implemented using the same machinery and modern-day methods used for conventional plastic, yet still behave like organic waste post-use and disposal.
What TIPA has to say about their packaging:
TIPA’s packaging is just as transparent, durable and impermeable as conventional plastic packaging. It works for dry, baked and frozen goods, including fruits and vegetables, apparel and other product
- Tipa has been selected by Google Express a few days ago.
- The company is selected by Google and nominated as a pioneer by the World Economic Forum on the same week. What a coincidence!
- The company can be extremely proud. This is what we call having a serious network!
- I think this must be PLA… What do you think?
Looking for the best bioplastics packaging? Check out what Floreon, Bio-On, Fkur and Nativia are doing. They’re the best.
- The Best PLA compound is Floreon
- The Best PHA producer is Bio-On
- The Best Biodegradation Tools are from Echo instruments
- The Bioplastic Company is FKur
- Bio-Based Film For Food Packaging – Nativia
- Questions and Answers on OXO – Biodegradability