BBC One presenter Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall visited a recently closed recycling plant in Malaysia. There, among the abandoned materials, Hugh found plastics from the UK.
- Some people believe that recycling works well; others aren’t.
- What is at stake?
- A lot of money is involved;
- The survival of the recycling industry.
- When unverified facts or assumptions are converted into some kind of truth, recognised and enforced by an authority, they become ‘social conventions’.
- Do you think ‘plastic recycling’ is or should become a social convention?