The material is a combination of lignin and polyethylene glycol and has been branded reformed lignin. The first applications will be for the hood and armrest. The first test drives will start soon and intentions to hit the road are planned for 2022.
Four Japanese Organisations
- National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology;
- Forest Research and Management Organization;
- Miyagi Kasei Co. (auto parts maker);
- Mitsuoka Motor Co (carmaker).
- fiber-reinforced composite materials using reformed lignin are superior in terms of strength and durability.
- inexpensive production method (the use of residue)
- will revitalize local economies (forestries, etc)
- US Government Promotes Foam Made From Lignin
- Lignin – The Future Gold
- Bio-Lignin as Key Source of Bio-Molecules
Published on asahi.com
Who is Bio-on?
Impact Corona on Bioplastics
Woodly, Plastic-Free Masks, Plastic Tax, UK and US Survey, Biodegradable War and Spain