Coverstro received the industry award ‘Excellent Landmarks in the Land of Ideas’ for the process it had developed with its partners: Bayer, CAT Catalytic Center and the University of Stuttgart.
The team’s innovation will enable the production of a plastic derived from plant-based materials. It will enable the replacement of traditional crude oil derived materials by using the organic compound aniline – a newly developed process that produces the sustainable material.
Covestro Group CEO, Markus Steilemann, said:
“This success with bioaniline is also clearly a joint effort and shows how important and useful cooperation in chemistry and industry as a whole is.”
The research project on bio-based aniline will receive funding by a project agency of the Germany Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture called the Fachagentur Nachwachsende Rohstoffe e.V.
- What are Bioplastics and Biopolymers?
- Bioplastics Brands
- Bioplastics Awards
- What is the Difference Between Biodegradable, Compostable and OXO Degradable?
- The History and Most Important Innovations of Bioplastics
- What are Drop-In Bioplastics?
- History of Cellophane
- The History of Elephant Grass Bioplastics
- Bioplastics Companies
- Top Bioplastics Producers
- Polylactic acid or polylactide (PLA)
- What is Bio-BDO?
- McDonalds and the Polystyrene Connections
- The Future of Polystyrene
- Bioplastic Feedstock 1st, 2nd and 3rd Generations
- Palm Oil and The Bioplastics Industry